Invitations, cake decisions, caterers, budget planning, timelines, decorations… It can all get so overwhelming! It is not uncommon for wedding planning to take over your life & make the months leading up to the wedding feel extremely stressful. Make it a point to keep your Hawaii Wedding in check with these 5 simple tips.
Here are a few tips to stay stress free…
1. Organize. Organize. Organize. Make a list of all the jobs you have to get done and break them down into the months that you have left. Do not put too many jobs into one month. Figure out which jobs you can pass on to family and friends. Stick to your weekly list and don’t worry so much about the rest. Although it might not seem like it right now – everything will get done in time.
2. Ask for help. You cannot do everything on your own. It just isn’t possible. Nor is it very fun (or fair!). Sharing the workload is also a fun way to get together with friends, family and parents. Practice your delegation skills – this is an event for everyone! Or, hire a Professional Hawaii Wedding Planner. It is their job to take the stress off of you and make your engagement – fun!
3. Don’t let planning take over your life! The big day is important to you and those who care most about you but that doesn’t mean the months prior should be spent stressed out and going crazy. Remember it is just one day, enjoy the months prior and trust that everything will fall into place. This is the fun part.
4. Take time off. Exercise! Go for a hike, or take a walk. A short hike up the beautiful Manoa Falls or a brief walk around Kapiolani Park may be just what the doctor ordered. Spend some quality time with your finace. Plan a special “non-wedding-talk” date night. Give yourself a break from your second job & take some much needed time for YOU!
5. Stick to your budget. There is nothing more stressful than managing a wedding budget , however if you set a reasonable budget & stick to it, you will feel much better all around. Sit down with your fiance and have a serious conversation about what your budget is and what you can realistically afford. Stick to it. Go over the budget monthly & discuss how to keep in your range. Remember your wedding is one day and you should not have to pay for it for years to come.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with wedding planning, try and remember what this whole thing is really all about. This is a celebration of your (you and your fiances) love. It should be fun, not overwhelming and ultra stressful. Step back for a second, take a deep breath and try to follow our basic tips. This is a special time in you life, one that will never come again – ever!, and you ought to be enjoying it!